What is an ITC Conference Grant?
Conference Grants are aimed at supporting PhD students and Young Researchers and Innovators (age <40), from participating Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITC) to attend international science and technology related conferences not specifically organised by the CA21112 COST Action. The current list of ITCs include:
Albania, Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Republic of North Macedonia, Republic of Serbia, Turkey, and Ukraine.
A Conference Grant is a contribution to the overall travel, accommodation, and meal expenses of the selected Grantee, i.e., not all expenses are covered by the Grant. During Grant Agreement Period 1, the Management Committee of COST Action CA21112 has allocated up to a maximum of €1250 for each individual ITC Conference Grant (2 in total).
STSM Grantees must make their own arrangements for all provisions related to personal security, health, taxation, social security, and pension matters.
The amount granted for each ITC Conference Grant should be calculated by the applicant according to the conference fees and travel and daily allowances as per COST Annotated Rules.
Conditions and obligations for the awardees
Conference Grants are exclusively reserved for PhD students and Young Researchers and Innovators, with a primary affiliation in an institution located in an ITC.
The applicant must make an oral/poster presentation at the conference in question, and it must be listed in the official event/conference program.
The main subject of the oral presentation / poster presentation / speech at the approved conference should be related with the topic of the OFF-SOURCE Cost Action.
Each Grantee, during the presentation, must introduce OFF-SOURCE Cost Action (general overview) and must acknowledge COST. Pre-defined slides, ready to use, will be provided to the Grantee.
No more than one application from an applicant per grant period.
Application must be submitted at least 30 days before the conference start date.
The Grantee has 30 days from the end date of the Conference in question to submit a scientific report (as described in the Grant Awarding user guide).
How to apply?
The applicant is responsible for choosing the Conference and organizing the application process. All applicants must register for an e-COST profile at www.e-services.cost.eu, fill in their profile (including bank details and CV), and then complete the online application form (as described in the Grant Awarding user guide). The following supporting documentation will also have to be uploaded:
- Conference Grant financial support calculation and; supporting documents
- Acceptance letter from the conference organizers;
- Explanation of the involvement in OFF-SOURCE COST Action
Copy of the abstract or poster.
The proposals will be considered eligible, evaluated, and approved based on the following criteria:
- Quality of the oral/poster presentation of the applicant (up to 17 points):
- How will this presentation impact the scientific scope of the action? (up to 5 points);
- Innovative aspects of the presentation in respect to the action scope (e.g., interaction among countries, new knowhow inputs related to OFF-SOURCE targets, interdisciplinarity)? (up to 5 points):
- Feasibility to meet the proposed objectives within the OFF-SOURCE frame. (up to 5 points);
- How will the activity have a positive impact on the applicant’s career? (up to 2 point).
- Qualification of the applicant (up to 15 points):
- CV of the applicant (up to 10 points);
- Publication list, with preference for themes within the action scope. (up to 5 points).
- Additionally, priority will be given to STSMs participants, as well as to have a balanced gender representation.